Charity & Not for Profit
We offer proactive and practical advice to a broad range of
Our charity law practice can advise on all legal matters including setting
up charities with the correct constitution, restructuring them, advising on property
issues and providing advice on governance issues.
By understanding the issues which affect charities we aim to offer not only a straight interpretation of the law, but also practical advice and to add value.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our advice and the approachability of our team. The key areas of work in which we operate include:
- the formation of different types of charities and their registration
- reviewing governing documents
- advising on new legislation, its impact on charities and offering practical ideas
- property issues
- the restructuring of charities, including mergers
- charity administration including acting as the charity's clerk
- grant making charities
- acting as a charity trustee
- preparation of charity accounts in accordance with SORP
- preparation of the obligatory annual report
- advising on tax issues including tax repayment claims
The practice is strengthened by the wealth of knowledge and
expertise offered by
specialists in other areas within the firm. We provide a service which gives our clients a single point of contact. We can provide practical advice to every sort of charity.