Change text size:

Excess income

What about excess income?

If the bankrupt earns more than is reasonably required to pay all necessary outgoings then the trustee can ask for a voluntary monthly payment equivalent to the excess.  If this is not agreed then a court application is possible. Often the trustee has over optimistic views on what the bankrupt can afford to pay.

Relax, talk to us if you require guidance on any such claim or on a sensible offer to be made.

printer friendlyPrinter friendly