We were one of the first firms in the West Midlands to specialise in employment law and currently have a highly respected practice, advising clients locally and nationally.
The size and diversity of our client base has allowed us to be equally skilled at dealing with owner/managers of small to medium sized businesses as well as HR managers and directors of much larger companies.
We aim to provide practical and proactive support. The team enjoys a high ranking in the Legal 500 Directory and is noted in the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession 2014 as "understanding the complex nature of our business and the challenges that we face."
We provide a comprehensive range of services which include:
- HR support,
- Higgs Investigate,
- Higgs Audit,
- Higgs Mediate,
- drafting and reviewing contracts of employment policies and procedures,
- disciplinary and grievance investigations,
- settlement agreements,
- employment tribunal claims,
- TUPE transfers/outsourcing,
- advising upon and enforcing restrictive covenants,
- respect and inclusion,
- working time,
- national minimum wage and
- training on disciplinary procedures, equal opportunities/discrimination, family friendly rights, mock tribunals and other general employment law updates.