See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- A long battle ahead for wrongly accused parents Article date: 28/10/2015A couple wrongly accused of abusing their baby continue to face a long battle to overturn an adoption order, despite all charges against them being dropped.
- Kids Company case offers a warning to charity sector Article date: 20/10/2015As the investigation into children’s charity Kids Company gathers pace, a leading expert on charity law will be looking at what lessons can be learned from the situation and how other organisations can avoid making similar mistakes.
- Region’s technology sector to benefit from new visa rules Article date: 16/10/2015A leading employment lawyer believes a forthcoming change to the rules on visas for foreign workers may be of benefit to the region’s burgeoning technology sector.
- Monkey selfie is a puzzle for copyright experts Article date: 16/10/2015PETA’s (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) announcement that they are to sue British photographer, David Slater over a so called ‘monkey selfie’, could pave the way for a huge change in copyright law according to one leading expert.
- Supreme Court sinks its teeth into cheat’s charter Article date: 15/10/2015Two women who claim they were misled by their ex-husbands and should get more money in their divorce settlements have won their Supreme Court fight.
- Hoverboard legal warning as film fantasy becomes reality Article date: 15/10/2015Wednesday 21st October marks Back to the Future Day - the date Marty and Doc crashed the future in the second of the three time-travelling adventure films, released in November 1989.
- Black Country professionals help shape the right deal for Cube Article date: 14/10/2015Black Country professionals have helped a Rowley Regis engineering firm take the first steps on the acquisition path to growth.
- It’s all a question of fund raising for Higgs’ quizzers Article date: 12/10/2015If the question was how much money was raised at the Higgs & Sons Charity Quiz last night, then the correct answer is over £5000!
- Hat-Trick of Deals is a Sign of the Times for Higgs & Filon Article date: 05/10/2015A long term hat-trick of deals was celebrated this month by two Black Country-based professional advisers when a management team bought into the same company for the third time in 22 years.
- Access to loved ones will make a grandparents day Article date: 02/10/2015National Grandparents' day on the 3rd October is a reason to celebrate for many Grandparents up and down the country.
- Landlords should seek advice if they want to avoid being cast as the Arch villain Article date: 01/10/2015Recent controversy in The Archers has centred on the possible conversion of the village shop to residential apartments. The storyline highlights the potential pitfalls faced by landlords seeking to redevelop properties.