See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Solicitors take to the streets in support of justice Article date: 29/04/2015Higgs & Sons' first major fundraising event of the year is taking place next month, when staff will walk through the streets of Birmingham to raise money for local advice services.
- Farming agreements need to be more than just fairy tales Article date: 27/04/2015A specialist in business structures and partnership matters believes that the 'cowshed Cinderella' case which hit the headlines earlier this year illustrates just how fraught the issue of succession in farming businesses can be - in part because it relies on a piece of Victorian legislation.
- Higgs trainees scoop awards Article date: 22/04/2015Two trainees from leading West Midlands law firm Higgs & Sons have scooped awards.
- How to keep your rural workers casual Article date: 16/04/2015In recent years there has been a notable increase in the use of casual workers, especially in the farming and agricultural industry.
- Wife gets tenth of £2million demand after signing post nuptial agreement Article date: 10/04/2015There has been a lot of press coverage on a certain multi-million pound 'post nup' agreement case in the last few weeks, and it is easy to see why.
- Zero-hours contracts - Unacceptable exploitation or important flexibility? Article date: 07/04/2015Last week's campaigning for the 2015 General Election was dominated by the controversial issue of zero-hours contracts.
- New regime delivers changes for new working parents Article date: 07/04/2015A leading employment expert is advising the region's employers to plan ahead to ensure they can deliver when it comes to changes affecting employees with babies due after 5 April this year.
- Holiday drivers should get up to speed on new EU rules Article date: 01/04/2015With the first signs of Spring upon us and the first major holidays of the year just around the corner, many of us may be thinking of getting away from it all for a well deserved break.