See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Higgs team helps secure bank transfer Article date: 25/02/2015The corporate property finance team at Higgs & Sons has successfully handled the refinancing of a multi-million pound industrial and office portfolio belonging to one of the fastest growing property development and investment companies in the Midlands.
- Testing time for father requires facts not fiction Article date: 24/02/2015The latest dramatic storyline in The Archers about a cheating husband, a new love and a 'fatherless' baby shows that even the quietest rural hamlet is not immune to the tricky issue of paternity testing.
- Don’t get stung with penalty contracts Article date: 20/02/2015News this week that drivers could get refunds totalling millions of pounds over fines for ‘illegal’ parking on private land could have a very real impact on commercial law.
- Zero Hour Contract Multimillion Pound Claim Article date: 18/02/2015It is understood that the retailer, Sports Direct, is facing claims worth potentially millions of pounds from 200 workers who were and are employed on zero-hours contracts.
- E-cigarettes in the work place: Tribunal warning for Employers Article date: 18/02/2015A recent case has highlighted the issues with using e-cigarettes in the workplace. In the case, a school catering assistant claimed that she had been constructively dismissed when she was suspended by her employer for using an e-cigarette on school premises.
- Happy to haggle? Article date: 11/02/2015I wonder how many of us think we are getting a bargain if we buy goods and services through a broker, such as an internet site.
- Law remains the same on image rights Article date: 11/02/2015Pop star Rihanna hit the headlines when she won a £3million legal battle against Topshop who a judge said did not have the right to sell a T-shirt with her face on it.
- Princes Trust thanks Higgs & Sons for huge contribution Article date: 11/02/2015Higgs & Sons has been thanked for raising almost £30,000 for The Prince's Trust over the last two years.
- New group offers support to local Grandparents Article date: 06/02/2015A new group is offering support and advice to Black Country grandparents who may have lost contact with their grandchildren.
- Higgs & Sons helps GMS Group stay on target for growth plans Article date: 06/02/2015Higgs & Sons' award winning corporate team proved a safe pair of hands when overseeing a deal involving two former footballers.
- Higgs team helps to drive the sale of vehicle specialist Article date: 03/02/2015The award winning corporate team at Higgs & Sons has advised the former shareholders of specialist vehicle converter and supplier, S. MacNeillie & Sons Limited on the sale of the company to Babock Critical Services Limited, a subsidiary of Babcock International Group plc. The deal was announced to the markets on Friday 30th January.