See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- “… And I leave to my family all my debts". Article date: 24/11/2014A leading West Midlands lawyer says the credit crunch and resulting recession has led to the emergence of a new phenomenon of 'debt inheritors'.
- When the HSE come knocking Article date: 20/11/2014As if Tony Archer's family don't have enough to deal with following Tony's horrific accident at Bridge Farm, now the Health & Safety Inspector is involved, there will be numerous questions that his family and farm workers will be expected to answer.
- Legislation remembers armed forces sacrifice Article date: 07/11/2014As we prepare to mark 100 years since the start of World War 1, the sacrifice made by members of the Armed Forces is commemorated on both Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day.
- 7 deals in 7 days Article date: 05/11/2014Higgs & Sons' award winning corporate team signed off the final day of its financial year last week with its 7th completion in as many days.
- Overtime to count towards holiday pay Article date: 04/11/2014The Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) has this morning handed down judgment in AMEC Group Ltd v Law and related appeals which considered whether employers were obliged to count overtime when calculating holiday pay.
- Carry on farming Article date: 03/11/2014As Britain begins the countdown to a general election, the various political parties are starting to look at ways of balancing their budgets, funding 'popular' tax cuts through increases in taxation from other sources.
- Shining a light on solar panel subsidies Article date: 03/11/2014
- You reap what you sow Article date: 03/11/2014Radio 4's 'The Archers', an everyday tale of farming folk, is in the midst of a gripping storyline about the sale of Brookfield Farm and its ramifications to the Archer family.
- Model Tenancy Agreement for ASTs - A new dawn? Article date: 03/11/2014The Department for Communities and Local Government has recently published a long awaited model tenancy agreement for Assured Shorthold Tenancies.