See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- The Dangers of Unreasonably Withholding Consent Article date: 21/08/2014A recent case, Singh v Dhanji reiterates the dangers of landlords attempting to impose conditions on assignments.
- Conspicuous consumption Article date: 18/08/2014New consumer contracts legislation introduced in June needs to be addressed in all solicitors firms' terms of business and client care letters. Ian Bond and Helen Clarke outline the implications for private client practitioner.
- Relaxation of Rules Restricting Renting out of London Homes Article date: 14/08/2014The Department of Communities and Local Government has announced it intends to end 40 year old restrictions which prevent Londoners from renting out their homes on a short term basis.
- Immigration Checks Loom One Step Closer Article date: 11/08/2014The Immigration Act 2014 received Royal Assent on 14 May 2014. Current indications are that the checking scheme will begin in October.
- Sickness absence in the workplace Article date: 04/08/2014The government has been putting together a plan to assist employers and employees manage sickness absence in the workplace, given the financial and operational impact that such issues can have on all businesses.