See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Higgs & Sons makes senior appointment to the Corporate team Article date: 28/04/2014Higgs & Sons has made a senior appointment to its corporate team.
- Higgs & Sons Football Match Article date: 17/04/2014Professional advisers from across the region came together last week to participate in an 11-a-side football match organised by leading Midlands law firm, Higgs & Sons.
- Employment Law Changes Article date: 14/04/2014A leading employment lawyer advises businesses in the region to take heed of a number of important changes in the law that came into effect on 6th April 2014.
- Higgs opens door for hotel group to secure next move Article date: 10/04/2014Two teams from Higgs & Sons have worked together to support an entrepreneur with the purchase of his next hotel.
- Bank of Mom & Dad Article date: 04/04/2014Increases in the average house prices as the country comes out of recession, a shortage of affordable housing and the strict lending requirements adopted by banks following the recent financial crises demanding a deposit of at least 10% (or 5% with the government's 'Help to Buy' scheme) mean that according to official statistics, more young people than ever (some 3.3m 18-24 year olds) are now living with their parents.
- Warning to agencies over shift in tax responsibility Article date: 04/04/2014A stark warning highlighting significant changes in the tax implications to recruitment agencies was issued this week.
- Employment law changes from 6th April 2014 Article date: 03/04/2014The employment team have noted a number of changes in employment law take effect from 6th April 2014.
- Higgs & Sons advises Servosteel on their return to independence Article date: 01/04/2014Higgs & Sons has advised the management team on the successful MBO of Essar Steel Processing & Distribution UK Ltd from its international owners for an undisclosed multi million pound sum.
- Solicitor accepted as member of national society Article date: 01/04/2014Annabel Kay, Associate at Higgs & Sons Solicitors, has been accepted as a member of the national association 'Solicitors for the Elderly' (SFE), receiving full professional member status of the SFE.