See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Expert says mediation cases double after law change Article date: 30/09/2013Tim Jones, a senior mediation specialist says his caseload has doubled since the introduction of changes to employment law earlier this year.
- Law firm offers advice over latest financial scandal Article date: 26/09/2013Leading law firm Higgs & Sons today issued advice to customers affected by the latest financial mis-selling scandal – as letters detailing a £1.3 billion compensation scheme are sent to seven million victims.
- Don’t do a Downton warns law firm Article date: 24/09/2013Don’t end up like Downton Abbey’s Lady Mary – that’s the message from leading law firm Higgs & Sons which is stressing the importance of making a will.
- Higgs announced as Corporate Law Firm of the Year Article date: 23/09/2013Higgs & Sons has been crowned Corporate Law Firm of the Year at Insider’s prestigious annual Midlands Dealmakers Awards.
- Law firm’s inheritance tax warning as recovery strengthens Article date: 23/09/2013A leading law firm today warned that the amount being claimed from estates in inheritance tax is rising sharply as the economic recovery starts to drive up property and share prices.
- Localism Act risks slowing down the property market Article date: 11/09/2013A leading commercial property lawyer warns that new legislation aimed at protecting assets of community value may only result in delays and deals falling through.
- Changes to Inheritance Tax and Pilot Trusts Article date: 10/09/2013On 31 May 2013, HMRC released a consultation paper claiming to produce a simplified system of charging trusts to inheritance tax. The consultation ended recently.
- Law firm shortlisted for prestigious management awards Article date: 10/09/2013A Midlands law firm is delighted after being shortlisted for the prestigious Lawyer Magazine Management Awards, alongside some of the biggest names in the industry.
- New code prompts advice over CCTV cameras Article date: 03/09/2013A solicitor with one of the Midland’s leading law firms has issued fresh advice for companies who use their own surveillance cameras after the introduction of a new code of practice.
- Higgs helps to cut the right deal for two respected businesses Article date: 02/09/2013Leading law firm, Higgs & Sons has been instrumental in shaping the future of two Midlands companies who are joining forces in a deal steeped in history.