See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Whose right is it to die? Article date: 31/07/2013Every person has the right to make decisions about their own health and welfare whilst they have capacity to make those decisions. When someone loses capacity to decide for themselves then the law steps in to assist in making decisions.
- Lawyer welcomed back into the family Article date: 31/07/2013A leading family lawyer is making a welcome return to leading law firm Higgs & Sons.
- Make sure you’re moving in the right direction Article date: 30/07/2013A leading Midlands law firm today warned about the dangers of taking online short cuts when selling or buying a house.
- New employment law changes come in to effect today Article date: 29/07/2013A leading Midlands law firm has warned companies across the region of important new changes to employment law which come into effect from today (29th July 2013).
- Employment Tribunal fees Article date: 26/07/2013
- The name game can mean big business says leading commercial lawyer Article date: 25/07/2013While the world waited for the announcement of baby Cambridge’s name, and parents across the world held off from naming their own new babies to find out what Kate and William would decide, not many people will have considered the importance of names and how they can mean big business for some people.
- Resist the urge for hype says lawyer Article date: 19/07/2013A Midlands-based lawyer who specialises in employment law has issued a warning after two new employment tribunal rulings centred on inaccurate CVs.
- Leading clinical negligence lawyer welcomes medical director report but says it’s too late for many of her clients Article date: 18/07/2013One of the region’s leading clinical negligence lawyers says she welcomes the NHS medical director Professor Sir Bruce Keogh’s report on hospital failings but says that for many of her clients, it comes too late.
- Marks & Spencer case could change the tenancy landscape says lawyer Article date: 08/07/2013A leading Midlands law firm says a major new High Court ruling has highlighted the need for calling in expert advice over tenancy agreements.
- Higgs & Sons' donation raises funds for local charity Article date: 05/07/2013A leading Midlands law firm has donated over 100 PC monitors to local charity, Cerebral Palsy Midlands.
- Make the right choices before they’re made for you says leading Court of Protection lawyer Article date: 03/07/2013Philip Martin-Summers, head of the care and capacity team at Higgs & Sons, is encouraging people in the region to complete lasting powers of attorney for health and welfare following recent high profile cases in the press.
- New senior partner for Higgs & Sons Article date: 01/07/2013An expanding Midlands legal practice has announced that a new senior partner will lead the firm from November 2013.
- Fifty not out for Mr Higgs Article date: 27/06/2013One of the Midlands’ most respected lawyers is celebrating 50 years as a practising solicitor.