See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Step in the right direction for lawyer Lisa Article date: 20/06/2013A lawyer who deals with the private legal affairs of people across the region is celebrating after receiving an Excellence Award from STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) as one of the top students of the year.
- Higgs & A.F. Blakemore volunteers create seaside paradise for local primary school Article date: 18/06/2013A team of 14 volunteers from legal firm Higgs & Sons spent their day creating an outdoor seaside learning garden for pupils at Hob Green Primary School on 14th June 2013.
- Landmark judgement in divorce case set to bring family courts in line with civil courts Article date: 12/06/2013The Supreme Court has today delivered its long-awaited judgment in the case of Petrodel v Prest, finding a ‘back-door’ route to achieving a fair outcome on divorce where assets are held by companies controlled by one spouse, while also upholding the importance of the principle that a company is a separate legal personality with its own assets.
- Lawyer asks: Where do you keep yours? Article date: 12/06/2013A lawyer who looks after the private affairs of hundreds of people across the Midlands is encouraging locals to make sure they tell someone where their will is kept after a major will hunt eventually found the document in the most obvious of places.
- Judgement could have huge implications says family lawyer Article date: 11/06/2013A family lawyer says that an eagerly awaited judgement in the case of Petrodel v Prest will be handed down by the Supreme Court on Wednesday 12 June 2013.
- Is the rise in private law children’s cases a cause for concern? Article date: 10/06/2013A leading family lawyer says that an increase in court applications regarding the arrangements for children is unexpected.
- Specialist employment lawyer urges organisations to whip their social media policies into shape Article date: 04/06/2013A Midlands-based lawyer who specialises in employment law is urging organisations to implement social media policies following several high-profile cases where employees have been dismissed after using social networking sites in the workplace.