See our latest eventsEvents
It's the news that counts
- Will status checks on tenants really work in practice? Article date: 30/05/2013Leading Midlands law firm Higgs & Sons has welcomed proposals to make landlords check the immigration status of tenants, but questions whether the plans could really work in practice.
- Building work tops chart of neighbour disputes Article date: 30/05/2013A leading dispute resolution lawyer has compiled a Top 5 of arguments between neighbours following new research on what drives homeowners up the wall.
- Pressure on employers to offer flexible working grows Article date: 20/05/2013A leading employment lawyer says that businesses in the region will gain the very best workers by adopting a more flexible approach to the hours that parents work.
- Higgs scores for charity Article date: 20/05/2013Award winning Midlands law firm Higgs & Sons saw over 250 professionals from across the region come together to take part in their popular annual football tournament.
- Higgs & Sons drives Black Country management buyout Article date: 17/05/2013Leading law firm Higgs & Sons has advised a Black Country steel stockholder on its recent management buy-out for an undisclosed sum.
- Higgs advises US listed corporate on $34 million global acquisition Article date: 17/05/2013Leading law firm Higgs & Sons has advised a US-based corporation on its multi million-dollar acquisition of a global high precision machine tools business.
- Lawyers welcome school pupils into the dragon’s den Article date: 15/05/2013School children at Hall Green School in Birmingham have found out what it’s like to appear in front of a real Dragon’s Den of business specialists thanks to Birmingham Future and trainee lawyers from Higgs & Sons.
- Welcome return for dispute resolution lawyer Article date: 15/05/2013A dispute resolution lawyer is returning to the firm where he trained after spending three years with a global law firm.
- New Higgs appointment will support client care Article date: 15/05/2013A leading Midlands law firm has appointed a new IT case workflow developer, as it continues to invest in improved production and delivery.
- Specialist charity lawyer urges local organisations to get their house in order Article date: 13/05/2013A Midlands-based lawyer who specialises in advising charities is inviting local charitable organisations to a legal ‘health check’ following several high-profile cases where the Charity Commission has appointed interim managers to take control of the administration and management of charities that have got into difficulties.
- Higgs delighted to award excellence Article date: 10/05/2013Law firm Higgs & Sons has announced that it will sponsor two business awards in 2013, further underlining its commitment to support companies in the region.
- Higgs opens its doors to Age UK silver surfers Article date: 08/05/2013A leading Midlands law firm has opened its doors to give a group from Age UK an insight into the internet with a special IT taster session.
- Higgs lawyer crowned ‘Birmingham Young Legal Professional of the Year’ Article date: 03/05/2013A corporate lawyer at Midlands law firm Higgs & Sons is celebrating after being crowned Birmingham Young Legal Professional of the Year at a prestigious awards ceremony.
- Family lawyer says it’s never been a more appropriate time to consider a Pre-Nup Article date: 02/05/2013As many of us marveled at the Sunday Times’ Rich List recently, those looking more closely will have noticed the emergence of a new super-wealthy individual – the divorcee.