See our latest eventsEvents
£14,500 Golden Donation by Higgs Partners
Article date: 17/08/2012
While the nation has been cheering on Team GB in the Olympics, the partners at leading law firm Higgs & Sons have welcomed each new gold medal by donating £500 to local good causes.
In total the partners are donating £14,500 to its Community fund. The sum will help causes across the region, and will be supported by members of the 200-strong Higgs team who will also donate their time to the charity initiatives.
Projects to be supported will include:
- Hawbush Primary's Reading to Succeed and High Flyers Gardening projects
- The decoration of a room at Cerebral Palsy Midlands in Harborne
- Assisting Age UK and Willenhall Chart to give elderly individuals a knowledge and understanding of IT and the internet
- Maintenance of a woodland area and adventure playground for Penn Hall Special School
- A one-day employability skills session day at Hawbush Primary School
Tim Jones, head of Higgs' employment department and leader of the firm's community programme, said as each gold medal was won, the team knew more good causes would be helped: "In the first few days of the Olympics progress was slow, but then the gold medals started to flow in. At one point we even wondered just what we'd let ourselves in for!
"We're delighted by the success of Team GB as this means we can do even more good work in the community.
"As part of the initiative we are also giving every team member eight hours of paid leave to support the projects, so not only will we be supporting financially, we will also be giving our time. Seeing the fund build has inspired many of the Higgs team to volunteer for our scheme. We hope this will provide a springboard for us to make a real difference in our local community."