Safeguarding Seminar 2016
What's it about?
Safeguarding the Safeguarders
- Do you have a responsibility for safeguarding in your organisation?
- Are you aware of all of your responsibilities, and those of your colleagues?
- What if things go wrong? Who is ultimately liable?
This important seminar will examine the law surrounding safeguarding for children and vulnerable adults and offer advice and information on key aspects of the law including:
- The current legal position regarding safeguarding.
- When is it safeguarding and when it is not?
- The role and responsibility of charity trustees, employees and volunteers in safeguarding?
- The role of the Charity Commission and other regulators in safeguarding strategy
- What happens when it goes wrong? Who is liable and how should you report issues?
- Strategies and process for ensuring compliance
- Best practice in:
- Selection and recruitment
- Induction and training
- Drafting policies and procedures
Thursday 8 September
4.30 pm - Arrival, registration and refreshments
5.00 pm - Seminar
6.30 pm - Finish
Higgs & Sons Solicitors
3 Waterfront Business Park
Directions & Parking
We have ample parking for visitors at our Brierley office. Please note parking is accessible from Venture Way or Waterfront West as indicated on our contact us page on our website.
The postcode for Sat Navs is DY5 3BG which will direct you to
the back of the building which is our main car park.
When you arrive at the Waterfront Business Park please follow signs to Waterfront West, the Law Courts and ATC.
The course is free of charge to attend and includes refreshments and 1 hour CPD.
How To Book
To register for this event please complete our online booking form